The Honors Thesis is the culmination of a University Honors Program student’s time at LMU and the Honors Program. This collection gathers these works for posterity.
Guidelines for Honors Seniors
For uniformity of presentation, your thesis submission should include a thesis cover sheet. A template for this sheet is available as a public Google Doc:
Access the template with a web browser, choose File > Make a Copy… to create your own editable copy of the file, then enter the information that is specific to your thesis. Append this to your uploaded submission.
When submitting your Honors thesis information:
- Submission will require that you have an LMU Digital Commons account (which is distinct from your overall LMU credentials)—you will see an option to sign up when you click on the button. Treat your profile seriously and professionally: it is your permanent presence in the LMU Digital Commons.
- Include your thesis advisor as a co-author on the work. You may include additional co-authors if you have more than one mentor.
- The “Date of Completion” field is, in general, the end of the semester in which you finish your work and get it graded.
- The “Degree Type” field is where you can specify whether your work must be accessed from within campus. “Honors Thesis” makes your work part of the library’s public collection; “Honors Thesis—Campus Access” will only allow your thesis to be downloaded from a computer within the LMU network.
- When your thesis work is complete, please click on the submission button below to begin the process of adding your work to this collection. Your Honors Thesis requirement is not considered fulfilled until the final version of your thesis has been uploaded to this site.
- If your final thesis work is not in a form that can be uploaded to this site, please contact Dr. John David N. Dionisio, Associate Director of the University Honors Program, to determine an alternative mechanism for accessing your work.
- The information you enter can be revised after submission. Please contact Dr. Dionisio as well to request changes.
Signed Permission Letter
The only submittable item that is not electronic is a signed permission letter allowing the Hannon Library to distribute your work to the web at large, as opposed to just making it available within the campus network. This permission letter is required to be physically on-file in order to permit Internet-wide distribution.
The permission form is available as this PDF download. Download, print, fill out, and sign the form, then drop it off at the Honors office. The library needs this form in order to have the work be available on the Digital Commons platform.Submit Your Honors Thesis Information
Honors Theses from 2016
Living With Fire, Claire Andreae
Looking Glass, Cameron Billingham
At the Mountains of Madness, Daniel Birmingham and Tom Szollosi
France, Indonesia, and the Limits of Economic Integration, Michael Busse and David French
High Power Rocket Design Report, Laura E. Calcara, Monica Fernandez, Chris Green, and Trent Hosokawa
Sustainability and Business Performance, Cedric L. Char
Ascanius Project: MECH 401/402 Senior Capstone Experience, Ray H. Colquhoun, Joshua Solberg, Martin Tangari, and Emanuel Di Stasio
Mathematics of the Rubik's Cube, Kara M. Dismuke
Senior Voice Recital, Evelyn R. Fajardo
Augmented Reality in the Classroom, Patrick JB Foster and Sean Cunniff
Communication Network Among Campus Sustainability Influencers, Alexandra C. Freling
Blogs and Feature Articles: Foster Youth in Higher Education, Superheroine Figures in Film, and More, Amanda Hayes and Jessica Langlois
Wireless Authentication of Smart Doors Using RFID, Austin A. Hentrup, Deyi Lu, and Peter R. Roldan
Visions: Chaos in Naango, Katarina J. Klask, Hunter Gibson, Taylor Roseberry, Summer Shigetani, Mattie Coccia, Alena Siu, Caitlin Mihm, Gaston Dondero, and Sophie Rudell
Silicon Beach and the LMU Apartment Rental Market, Timothy Nguyen
Investigation of a Mycobacteriophage Transcription Repressor, Kathryn Orban
Marlaina Owens' Senior Recital, Marlaina A. Owens
Photosynthetic Characterization of Invasive Plant Diversity in Los Angeles County from 1830-2010, Lauren E. Pangburn, Erich Eberts, and Victor Carmona-Galindo
Instrumovement, Rachel Rivera
Senior Recital, Matilda M. Rudolph
The Old Sorrow, Emmett J. Schlenz
Perceptions of Appearance Toward the Self and Others, Allison Swenson
The Benefits of Global Diversification, David J. Tassone
Formation of Unimolecular G-Quadruplex Macrocycles from N9-Modified Guanine Derivatives, Lauren A. Thurlow and Jeremy E. McCallum
The Development of Notation in Mathematical Analysis, Alyssa Venezia
Keys of Ivory, Katherine S. Vermillion
Forms of Poetry: Colloquial Truth, Stephanie Williams
Honors Theses from 2015
Finding Flow: Infusing Passion into Performance, Genna BloomBecker
Influence of Celebrity Scandals on Q-Scores, Mark Ciafullo
Senior Capstone Project, Savin Damkar
(Eco)nomics, George Gerro
Anime: Fortress of Solitude or Kryptonite?, Oscar King IV
T.S. Eliot: A Never-Ending Exploration, Kristina Krupilnitskaya
Lingua Franca, Nicholas Lepore
The Last Days of Judas Iscariot, Jessica Long
Winning Failure's Bounty: How Failure Brings Real Success, Pierce Massie
Artist, Isidor Maxwell Pollak
Curanderismo and the Mexican Inquisition: A Needed Crime of the Time, Brian T. Reilly
Inhibiting the Aggregation of Islet Amyloid Polypeptide Using Vegetable and Tea Extracts, Alexander L. Santiago
Ethics of International Aid in Haiti, Amy Sims
Financial Crises and Government Regulation, Yusef Trad
Characters Through Time, Alyssa Venezia
Honors Theses from 2014
Conformal Gravity and the Alcubierre Warp Drive, Zily Burstein
Understanding Intertemporal Incentives for Politicians, Juan Margitic
Honors Theses from 2013
Goodness: A Brief Examination of the Ethics of Confucius and Socrates, Jordan Thomas Christopher
Semantics Business Plan, Samantha Greitzer
PartiePoche Groupe LLC, Jillian Jaccard
Do Publicity and Stress Chase Women Out of the Political Race?, Stephanie Khoury
Why Poetry? An Assessment of Poetry's Vitality in Our Modern World, Kyle Pauline Oddis
Nest Behavior Testing in Captive Pine Siskins, Jordan Rudack
Honors Theses from 2012
Recording Arts Audio Portfolio, Jacob A. Braafladt
Senior Piano Recital, Hannah Bredberg
Waste: A Full-Length Play, Rebecca Dzida
OmniCrutch, Daniel A. Falaleyev
Role of Bias in Service Provider Selection, Richelle Haniffa
Championing Vigilantism: The performance of unsanctioned masculinity, Margo S. Jasukaitis
Is Wolbachia found in Dysdera crocata?, Lauren Kubeck
Elliptic Curves in Cryptography, Megan Ly