The second course in LMU’s University Honors Program Colloquium, Research & Exhibition introduces Honors sophomores to undergraduate research. The 1-unit course walks them through engaging a mentor, searching the literature, formulating a research question, and finally constructing a proposal for investigating that question. The proposal is submitted in written form and presented during a “proposal fair” during finals week.
This collection gathers these presentations together in electronic form. Titles and abstracts are available on the Internet; full presentation slides are for on-campus access only.
Final Presentation Details for Fall, 2022
Monday, Dec 12, 2022
- 5:00pm–7:00pm (1700–1900) University Hall 4442
When submitting your work, note the following guidelines (you might want to leave this open in another window so you can follow along the submission form):
- Submission will require that you have an LMU Digital Commons account (which is distinct from your overall LMU credentials)—you will see an option to sign up when you click on the button. Treat your profile seriously and professionally: you will use this same account again when you submit your Honors thesis.
- The “Event Title” should be your presentation’s title.
- You may leave “Location” blank.
- “Event Website” can be used to hold a link to an online version of your slides, or left blank if nothing is applicable.
- Under “Start Date,” specify your date and time slot. Please set it at 5-minute increments (i.e., make sure that the minute is a multiple of 5).
- Leave “End Date” blank.
- You may leave “Disciplines” blank. Alternatively, if you plug something in there, your presentation will be easier to find in the future.
- Place your proposal abstract in “Description.”
- State your mentor’s name in the Comments section.
- You may also use the “Comments” section if you have specific requests or questions.
- The “Full Text of Presentation” section is for all of your file uploads. Use the main upload for your presentation. Check the “additional files” checkbox so that you can then also upload your proposal.
- Please upload your final presentation and proposal files to Brightspace as well. Sorry for the redundant uploads; unfortunately the two systems don’t talk to each other.