This was a moderated panel discussion featuring panelists:
- Anthony Bodlović, LMU College of Communication and Fine Arts, Marital and Family Therapy
- John Carfora, Associate Provost, Research Advancement and Compliance. John has been affiliated with graduate education at The London School of Economics, Dartmouth College, Harvard Graduate School of Education, and Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Michelle Flowers, Doctoral Student in Educational Leadership for Social Justice
- José García Moreno, Filmmaker, Associate Professor and Chair, LMU School of Film and Television, Department of Animation
- "Interdisciplinary does not mean the sum of disciplines but the instrumentation of a new paradigmatic syntax."
- Shane Martin, Dean, Graduate Studies, Professor and Dean, LMU School of Education
- "Interdisciplinary graduate programs can be transformative for LMU."
- Stephanie E. August, Moderator, Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Carfora, John; Martin, Shane; García Moreno, José; Bodlovic, Anthony; Flowers, Michelle; and August, Stephanie E., "(How) Are Interdisciplinary Studies Relevant to Graduate Studies?" (2012). STEAMroller. 3.